!MineCraft! Cs2d Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
!MineCraft! Cs2d Server

You are not connected. Please login or register

Veteran Rank.

4 posters

Do you think this is a good ideea?

Veteran Rank. Vote_lcap50%Veteran Rank. Vote_rcap 50% [ 3 ]
Veteran Rank. Vote_lcap50%Veteran Rank. Vote_rcap 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Veteran Rank. Empty Veteran Rank. Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:16 am

Apothecary

Apothecary

On my way to highschool i were thinking about a rank for forum.
This rank have some requirements.
- 500 posts on forum ( atleast )
- Reputation 20 ( atleast )
- Over 8d played on server ( atleast )
- To be mod 1/2 ( atleast )
- And the person who want to be veteran he should be on this server more than 6 months.... ( atleast )
And to get this rank you have to apply at VIP/MOD/VETERAN and "/VETERAN" to be included.
You will get at name forum the icon " CS2D VETERAN " with brown.

2Veteran Rank. Empty Re: Veteran Rank. Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:56 am

CaptainSkipper09

CaptainSkipper09
MC2D Moderator
MC2D Moderator

Man..I'm confuse of this..

Well we wait for Admins if they accept this and also 500 Forum Post?
That's too impossible even the Reputation..

3Veteran Rank. Empty Re: Veteran Rank. Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:05 am

Apfelbrot

Apfelbrot
Friend of Community

I always like when people try to contribute. So let's check through your ideas:

Firstly, to name the weakest point, a forum users reputation can be easily manipulated. Just open the user's statistics and click the minus on every post; 500 forum posts -> -500 reputation.

Secondly most people here tend to write very short messages, sometimes even smileys only. Instead of a high forum-activity posts like that rather prove that you're not able to use a forum properly, therefore I the 500-post requirement should be dropped, too, unless you leave out the server-rank/activity related part.
Which means either 500 posts or over 8 days of playtime. However none of these two requirements prove that a user actually deserves a special rank.

This, as well as the first aspect I mentioned, also applies to some of the current moderators, so the being-mod1/2 requirement is also not that purposeful.

In the end I consider myself as a veteran, even though I barely play on the server; I began playing cs2d almost (or even more than, dunno) 4 years ago, 6 months is just an eigth of that time. So it should at least be called 'mc2d-veteran' or something like that.

All in all the it ccould be easily manipulated whether a user fullfills the requirements or not. Furthermore this rank would tell nothing about the veteran-user, therefore it has neither use nor sense at all.

However, like the 'Super-User' rank on unrealsoftware.de, a special rank for special users, who're outstanding from the others due to excellent work, contribution to the community in an outstanding good way, or similar stuff, could be nice. But candidates should not apply, but become suggested or be nominated by the admins only, without applications/suggestions.

4Veteran Rank. Empty Re: Veteran Rank. Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:11 am

CaptainSkipper09

CaptainSkipper09
MC2D Moderator
MC2D Moderator

Dang, You work hard for this so I increase your Reputation for the sake i guess..

And I didn't read his comment 'cause is quiet long but for myself,

I knew this is true what he is saying...

5Veteran Rank. Empty Re: Veteran Rank. Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Hitman-ps

Hitman-ps
Despised

More than 500 posts
Reputation 9 ee
15 days + 5 days (2 usgns)
Mod 2 + Vip
Play on server from 30/6

Then i deserve it ? Ee

http://Pul9.co

6Veteran Rank. Empty Re: Veteran Rank. Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Apfelbrot

Apfelbrot
Friend of Community

30/6 -> only 5,5 months Sad

To sum up my first post:

- reputation can be easily manipulated
- people spam useless and very short messages, counting them makes not much sense
+ I like the idea of honoring users who have rendered outstanding services.

7Veteran Rank. Empty Re: Veteran Rank. Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Apothecary

Apothecary

It was an opinion , you can increase the requirements until admins will be too happy to agree it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum