!MineCraft! Cs2d Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
!MineCraft! Cs2d Server

You are not connected. Please login or register

RCon for moderators

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RCon for moderators Empty RCon for moderators Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Grimer2

Grimer2
MC2D Moderator
MC2D Moderator

Hello everybody. As you all know there is problem with USGN now. On server is chaos.
Almost nobody respect the rules. How we can solve it? How we can prevent from this in future? I suggest that there will be MOD-R. It is normal MOD2 with RCon, but to get MOD-R player must be MOD2 mustn't be seccessfully reported for anything. I hope you like my idea.

2RCon for moderators Empty Re: RCon for moderators Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Bonzo

Bonzo
Friend of Community

So are you suggesting a whole new rank, or just a few selected Mod2 who will be given access to RCon ?
The idea itself isn't that bad. If it's done correctly then it could work out well, though extreme care should be taken as the who will be given the power.

EDIT:
In my haste I forgot that RCon is susceptible to being "hijacked". The only known way to counter that is to make RCon available to only listed USGNs, which would of-course make it useless.

It's not likely to happen, but the possibility stays.

3RCon for moderators Empty Re: RCon for moderators Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Grimer2

Grimer2
MC2D Moderator
MC2D Moderator

I mean just few selected MOD2... That with hacking RCon could be problem.... Is there any way how to make RCon available for names? (If Rodion make on forum for "MOD-R" place where someone write name for example: A91E27fG4 and this name will be able to use RCon until someone disable it.. I am not sure if this is possible but if yes it could solve the problem with hacking RCon.)

4RCon for moderators Empty Re: RCon for moderators Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:43 am

Kakarat

Kakarat

Grimer2 wrote:Hello everybody. As you all know there is problem with USGN now. On server is chaos.
Almost nobody respect the rules. How we can solve it? How we can prevent from this in future?
I reported this before. There are a lot of kids in the server. They don't even listen.

5RCon for moderators Empty Re: RCon for moderators Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:13 am

Bonzo

Bonzo
Friend of Community

So, after waking up in the morning I had a revelation.. ..of how dumb I had been the night before. So here's an actual idea that doesn't involve RCon, but works just as good. Since I just woke up and I'm feeling a bit drowsy, I'll just shamelessly rip off quote the original text:
Häppy C@mper wrote:
OK, time to present what I have been working on during the last few days.

• Set a password for your U.S.G.N.. Grumpy Häppy ;)changed his mind and decided that Deus' proposal was actually pretty good. You can now use the !passwd command to set a password for your U.S.G.N., like this:

!passwd

If you want help to choose a good password, use the !genpasswd command. It will generate and set a fairly good one.

Next time U.S.G.N. is down, you can use the !login command to set your U.S.G.N.:

!login

Running the !passwd command without an argument disables logins for your account. Use this if you fear someone is trying to hack your account.

Three failed login attempts in a row will lock your U.S.G.N. for three hours.

Note: Do NOT use the same password as for your U.S.G.N. account at unrealsoftware.de!
    Note 2: Choose a GOOD password! This is especially important for moderators and admins.
    Note 3: All login attempts are logged together with the IP address. Trying to hack an account will lead to a permanent BAN!
    Note 4: Your rank will NOT be updated even after successfully setting your U.S.G.N. with !login. It only works if you are really logged in to U.S.G.N.. Your activity will be registered, though, so that you can keep or gain V.I.P. status, for instance.
    Note 5: Hot Chills !MineCraft! staff will NOT reset your password if you lose it. However, when U.S.G.N. is up, you can change it without having to enter the old one.

• Sound effects for notifications, warnings, errors, PMs and GMs have been added.

Of-course, this is just an idea. I quoted the whole thing to fully explain the system and how it works.

6RCon for moderators Empty Re: RCon for moderators Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Tricky Fox

Tricky Fox
Friend of Community

You can't deal with "kids" With your MOD2 abilities? Is Rcon so necessary? Or you talking about problem with USGN? It is already solved. And it is not a thing which happens every day.

https://mc2d.forumotion.net

7RCon for moderators Empty Re: RCon for moderators Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:51 am

Tricky Fox wrote:...talking about problem with USGN? It is already solved.
Grimer2 wrote:How we can solve it? How we can prevent from this in future? I suggest that there will be MOD-R
There may be USGN Failures or Problems, there will always be, and this is quite necessary. But which of the Mods can we trust for it RCon?

Last edited by Random Troll on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

8RCon for moderators Empty Re: RCon for moderators Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:16 am

rodion

rodion
Head Admin
Head Admin

9RCon for moderators Empty Re: RCon for moderators Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Tricky Fox

Tricky Fox
Friend of Community

Rodion, you solved problem with USGN attacks, but they will find another way to attack Unreal Software, ee

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum