!MineCraft! Cs2d Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
!MineCraft! Cs2d Server

You are not connected. Please login or register

About spawnkill and maps

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1About spawnkill and maps Empty About spawnkill and maps Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:29 am

I just realized, why put everyone in a specific spawn area? This is a deathmatch game but all of us are appearing on the same area.

Spawnkill could be easily prevented just by adding a 10-second spawn protection AND THE IMPORTANT ONE, random spawn point.
10-second spawn protection, this is cool, if you spawned, you cannot kill anyone and also anyone cannot kill you.
Random spawn point, just place spawn points everywhere in the map, nobody will ever try to kill a player who just spawned cause they cannot even do it cause of the 10-second protection and there is no specific area to wait for.

2About spawnkill and maps Empty Re: About spawnkill and maps Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:55 am

Apfelbrot

Apfelbrot
Friend of Community

I like this idea and already thought of it when I created mc_A-craft.
However, after these 10 seconds random lazor guys would still just rape you, unless you stumbled over a not lazor-guy-guarded super-duper-vip-cache.
Plus, what is the biggest disadvantage of random spawns in my oppinion, moderators wouldn't be able to punish spawnkillers since it is simply impossible to keep an eye on the entire map. Spawnkilling would still happen.

Also, I personally like to know where I'll spawn. Fixed spawnpoints give me the chance to plan what I'll do after spawning. With random spawnpoints you wouldn't be able to wait for until the spawnkillers are distracted (or until the mods do their job, but to be realistic: that won't ever happen; the last time when I saw a repetitively spawnkilled player asking a moderator for help, that moderator told him to be quite and pretended to not hear what the player was writing).
You wouldn't be able to wait for a good chance to spawn and simply be thrown into a random place without any real chance for survival.

However if this random spawn system (with the 10 second spawn protection) will be implemented, I suggest to also double the players' speed during these 10 seconds. That would at least add the slight chance to escape after being spawned.

3About spawnkill and maps Empty Re: About spawnkill and maps Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:25 am

I could simply make a script where you'll get double the damage of the player you are trying to kill (in the 10-second spawn script) OR AUTOMATICALLY KILL A PLAYER who shoots another player who just spawned.

Okay, Random-spawn-script is a failure but, the other script can make a change, maybe there's still killing after the 10 seconds but, there's a chance that spawnkillers will have less amount cause, they are killing themselves.

EDIT: There will be less violators, we can now focus on hackers.

OFF-TOPIC: We can actually Mute a player for 15 seconds if he flames, and the coolest thing to add on the server is, temporary ban.

4About spawnkill and maps Empty Re: About spawnkill and maps Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Good idea 10 sec. spawn safe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]